Being Overweight is a Learned Habit - Not by Choice


It is remarkable to find how many people eat out of boredom, sheer habit, at least, that's what my friends and I do. Many pressure to the habit of eating at a "minute" diner, fast food restaurant or lunch counter, gulping their food and running a "hoof and mouth" race with Father Time. (He always wins.)

Others are trained from childhood to stuff themselves - "finish your plate” I personally grew up with the family who believe to not leave the table non unless your plate is shiny af. Like literally legit, I'm not allowed to leave the table unless I finish my plate and not only that, I have to taste and eat every food my mother put on the table, it can't be just a little bit of that, a little bit of this. NO! that is a big no-no to my family. You seriously have to grab a spoon full of every dish that is prepared and serve in the table. There's no punishment if you don't finish your plate whatsoever, but, whoever didn't finsih their food, my parents and whoever didn't finish their food, they'll going to have the "talk" by all means, my father will have to say "there's children everywhere who has no food and have to beg for food outside. You guys are lucky that you have roof to sleep under to cover you from the weather" But! that's just my father speaking, it's my mom that give you the worst feeling. She would just sit there with her sad face and not say anything at all. THAT! my friend is the killer. As a child who is very close to the parents. You know the feeling of it. It's always the mom that I can't stand seeing upset. My father, his a fighter, he won't let you win by giving him a smart talk. But I still love them though. Just sometimes, they get very annoying. Lol 😂

Let's get back to the business shall we? - many men and women are the victims of plain poor cooking in their meals. They rarely vary the selection and choice of foods lack of attention. So they try to make up in quantity what they lack in quality, seeking satisfaction from calories instead of from quality and contrast.

Dr. Arthur Master, in a study of a group of patients not suffering from heart disease, found that a significant loss of weight was followed by an average 35% reduction in the work the heart has to do. The lesson to you is clear - even though your heart is strong, being overweight taxes it with work and strain beyond its normal capacity. A healthy heart is gradually weakened by the extra stress imposed on it by 20, 30 or 40 pounds of unnecessary fat. Yikes!

Your energy reserves are depleted; you get tired very quickly and too often, even when doing simple things like walking and swimming, things that the person of normal weight can handle with ease and pleasure. Don't let too much weight rob you of a strong heart and the vibrant energy that you need to enjoy a full, healthy life. Learn to count your calories and you can count on more years of healthy, happy living.


The message is clear; we must break our old bad habits and develop new good ones if we want to lose weight. Making healthier food choices whenever possible, watching our portions at mealtime, and getting in some exercise regularly are paramount if we want to live a long, healthy and happy life. Thank you so much for taking your time to read through my post. 

Subjects You May Also Like

Fitness • Health • Motivation

Comments

  1. I also grew up in the praise of "finish your plate” although, my parents don't really mind. It is more from my grandmother - she would force me to eat for round 3 lol i love my nannie though <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

The Benefits of Deep Breathing to the Body

What I Did to Tone Down My Thighs