7 Fun Ways To Become More Active - Every Day


You know you should be getting some sort of exercise, you know of all the health benefits that come with a more active lifestyle. You’ve tried the whole Gym thing, but it just wasn’t for you - I tried that and it didn't work for me either. The temptation to just sit in front of the TV, to curl up with a good book, or to spend a little extra time at your computer is just too big. Who wants to head to the gym right now anyway?

There are many other options to get more active that don’t include jogging, weight lifting or other “traditional” ways to work out. Here are some few ideas that I worked for me and hopefully it works for you as well.

1) Turn up the Music and Dance around the Living Room


First thing I do is, I make sure I lock my bedroom door! Next, while you’re dusting, putting up dishes, or after you’ve been sitting around for too long, just play some of your favorite upbeat music and dance around in your bedroom. Or better yet, around your house, I like to imagine it as a bigger stage. The benefit of this is not only will you get your heart rate up, but you’ll also have more fun doing some of those chores.

2) Go for a Walk


Take a walk and invite your friends or family to come along. I’ve had some of the best conversations while on a walk. Getting to chat with a friend or my sisters makes the time fly by and before you know it you’ve been walking for 30 minutes. And always, go early in the morning. I set my alarm at 6:30 am to get a coffee in me and leave the house at around 7:00 am GMT, the breeze is just amazing! and make sure to eat enough after your walk. Not too much oily food though.

3) Listen to some Music or an Audio Book while You Walk.

Again, keeping your mind on something else will make the time fly by. If you prefer walking alone or quietly like I do most of the time, then this option is best for you, download a full list of up-beat songs and add that to your playlist and you’ll get some extra fun out of your walk.

4) Sign up for a Yoga or Pilates Class


If you need an extra push to motivate yourself, then consider starting a Yoga or Pilates class. Both of these workouts are pretty low impact and won’t leave you sweaty and sore (mostly). You may also enjoy meeting some new people in the class. I have never signed up to any of these classes before though, for a good reason, I don't like working out with other people around me. I rather have my laptop near me and follow these beautiful ladies blogilates or yoga workout routine and let them kick my butt.

5) Go for a Swim


Swimming makes for some great exercise. It is low impact and easy on your joints. You have no idea how swimming is way more effective than running, or walking. Start by swimming a few laps or imagine that you are a mermaid trying to travel across the ocean. Or better yet, swim like there is a shark chasing you.

6) Go for a Bike Ride


I enjoy riding with my sisters through our neighborhood in the evenings or plan a longer trip for the weekend. This works so great on my thighs and abdominal. Pack a picnic for extra fun and start peddling. 

7) Go for a Hike



Look for some hiking trails in your area and go for a hike. This could be a fun activity for you and a friend, or take the entire family along. Start with some easy trails and work yourself up to some longer or steeper trails.

Pick one or two of the activities and get moving. I’m sure you’ll come up with plenty of versions of your own. Now remember, you won't see results over night, so you have to keep going and that is why it is so important to find something you enjoy doing, so you’ll stick with it until the end. Get out there and get moving, you'd only blame yourself for not trying.

Comments

  1. This is so helpful, I been finding ways to lose weight without signing myself to any gym center. I hate going there - there is a lot of people who is looking hot af. But this is cool, I like your idea of losing weight, more fun than being intense.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

The Benefits of Deep Breathing to the Body

What I Did to Tone Down My Thighs

Being Overweight is a Learned Habit - Not by Choice